Union Minister of State for Railways has finally broken his silence over the charges of sexual assault levelled against him.

Talking to media persons in New Delhi today, Gohain termed the entire episode as a political conspiracy against him aimed at maligning his image ahead of the elections.

Gohain said he has faced such situations earlier, especially ahead of polls. The Nagaon Lok Sabha MP while talking to newspersons expressed confidence that truth will prevail and that the common people will eventually find out what the fact is.

Gohain further said that he will reveal more about the entire incident in due course of time. However, the union minister did not make any hint at stepping down from his position to make way for a fair probe as demanded by opposition Congress.

Earlier, sensational allegations of sexual abuse had been levelled against the top Assam BJP leader.

A woman in Nagaon, Gohain’s home constituency, has accused the minister of sexually abusing her.

A case was registered against Gohain under sections 471, 376 and 506 at the Nagaon Sadar PS on August 2.

Meanwhile, sources have told Northeast Live that Rajen Gohain’s family has also filed a counter FIR with the Nagaon police against the woman who has reportedly gone underground.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.